As part of my “easing my way back in to the kitchen” plan, I decided to pick up my Baking Made Easy book by Lorraine Pascale and opted to try her Cookies & Cream Fudge Brownies.
They are so easy to make, and yet taste pretty damn good too! One tip however…Lorraine uses 1 pack of biscuits in her recipe, but after trialling a couple of batches, I prefer using 2 packs!!
Here’s how to make these oh so good bad boys…
- Preheat the oven to 180 and line a greased 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt 165g butter in a pan. Once melted take off the heat and add 200g of finely chopped dark chocolate and slowly stir until combined.
- Whisk 3 eggs, 2 egg yolks and 2 tsp vanilla extract in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add 165g of light brown sugar to the egg mixture and whisk until the mixture becomes stiffer.
- Stir the chocolate and butter mixture in with the eggs and sugar, and then add 2 tbsp plain flour, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, a pinch of salt and 1.5 packs of Oreo biscuits (broken in to quarters). Stir all of the ingredients in until fully combined.
- Pour the entire mixture in to the baking tin and scatter the rest of the Oreo biscuits (broken in to quarters) over the top and gently press them in.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The middle will be slightly gooey, but leave the brownies to cool in the tin before pulling them out on to a chopping board.
- Cut in to squares and dust with icing sugar.