Welcome to Flamingo Monroe!
I’ve recently turned 30 and in need of a new hobby. There’s only so much you can clog up Facebook/Twitter/Instagram feeds of friends, family, work colleagues and people you once met on an 18-30s holiday before appearing too annoying – especially if you don’t actually have much in common (and it’s way too awkward to “defriend”).
I love reading blogs written by people I’ve never met and living half way round the world – and especially those on the same wave length at me when some days YOU are not the problem, the problem is simply everybody else (or I like to think so!)
So I’ve decided to start my own blog. Not because I want to earn money from it (wishful thinking) but to blog about stuff that I like as well as giving advice and expressing opinions – all of which I hope will be of interest to others.
Here are my top 10 “Need-to-Knows”…
- Essex born and bred, but on a Monday to Friday you’ll see me dashing through the streets of London trying not to be late for a meeting or an event, and usually glued to my work Blackberry in the process.
- “Do What U Want” by Lady Gaga is the most played song on my iPod.
- I took part in the London Marathon 2014 and comfortably (albeit slowly) jogged 26.2 miles in 5 hours 20 minutes with only Nurofen to get me through from mile 19 to the finish line (a female-related issue at mile 22 was exceptionally fun to deal with – not – but I powered on).
- I can’t leave the house without gum, perfume and lip balm (or lip stick, or lip gloss)
- I detox my underwear, makeup and nail varnish drawers on a regular basis and my products on my bathroom shelf must all stand in a straight line with labels facing front and lined up in order of use. I stand by my life choices.
- Flamingos are amazing. They’re pink and have amazing balance.
- Making someone smile or laugh is when I feel the most fulfilled in life.
- I am a qualified beauty therapist and consequently I have been tinting my eyebrows monthly and performing mini facials on myself regularly for nearly 15 years. I still have to get waxed professionally, however.
- I was very poorly once upon time circa 10 years ago. I’m okay now. Life should not be taken for granted.
- I didn’t go to university. My life is based on experience, working hard and learning to smile through any situation.
If you love Grease 2 just as much as Grease (if not more), dance to all kinds of music from Elvis and Dolly Parton to garage and Rudimental, don’t mind if I rap along to Plan B and Tinie Tempah and like anything to do with holidays, film, food, fashion and beauty…then you and me are going to get along just fine.
PS: Important Disclaimer. This website is for informational purposes only and should not be considered a substitute for consulting a physician or trained professional regarding any of its contents or advice (medical, health, diet etc). I am not responsible for any loss, injury or damage allegedly arising from any information published on this website!